Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Where is the love?

With all the electronic social disconnect I think it's safe to say we've entirely forgotten how to reconnect with others. It's seems anymore that the only way to get out and date is through apps and websites. People don't even call each other on the phone anymore. It's all texting and emailing. Instant messaging and chatting. I often feel so distant. There is no such thing as dates anymore. Just group activities and "hang outs" as I like to call them. Let's just hang out. It's safer that way. No commitment is good commitment right? Do I have it down correctly? 
The game plan: play hard to get. 
So these boys hear from their other male friends who say they once dates a bunch of girls and used them and didn't call or text to communicate after for at least 2 days and the girl came begging for more. Guys. Listen. Girls only play those games to protect themselves. No girl wants to wait two days to hear from a guy she likes. It's torture to wait 2 hours but we do. We freak out in our heads for 2 hours until we get tired of waiting, assume the worst, text another guy to forget the game and then in turn start the whole game over with a new guy. But then this happened: A guy I barely know sends me text bombs about the type of girl I am and how he is so sick of dating girls like me etc. 
I met this tool online over 2 years ago! And ran into him at the gym a couple weeks ago. I've never been the type to be attracted to such manipulative and controlling jerks! So what was the algorithm that computed us as a match online? And why? Why me?! What did I do in my past life to deserve this treatment? Let's just say I am so not into this. It's all text. Emails. Dick pics. Netflix and chills. Nothing is love. No one is here to fall in love. Nothing organic about a bright blue screen. Where's the reality? It's all just a fake-fraudulent life. Where is the love?
So in the meantime I guess I will be single. 
Because I am not going to let them control how I feel about myself. 

Eat up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do ya think?!?