Monday, January 21, 2013

thank you chris isaak

love is a wicked game....
this poem is inspired by the song wicked game by chris isaak because it has been in my head for a few days now. Which oddly enough came out in 1989, the year I started kindergarten and also the year I first loved. lol So

Live in the moment, live in the now he says
Don't think too much, don't worry so.
If love were to come find you today
You would be so blind and just let it go.
its there, grab it, hold it tight
I don't dare
How do I know its not the same as before? Is it right?
I would rather end up not jaded and stay right here.
When the world is on fire
He's found new desire
I am done... once again
Broken hearted, lost, confused, alone, hopeless in sin to free myself of pain
"What a wicked thing to do,
make me dream of you"
Now I hide. The now is my sorrow
My wall is built high.
No trojans or tricksters will come around tomorrow
For I, don't want to fall in love again tonight.
-Danielle Cummins

Ok now that you know I am jaded and dreaming of exes and trying to date and my world is a mess, I hope you enjoyed my creative writing piece. What is my deal?!? It might have something to do with the ZERO degree temperature outside! But I think it is also because January is a tough month over all. It is almost four years to my d-day! Superbowl sunday to be exact. I feel like writing my ex huz a happy-I-left-you-4-years! card in celebration. Hahaha and then send one to the ex bf as well. A happy-one-year-anniversary-you're-a-liar-d-bag-I left-you-too. Maybe I should celebrate it instead of sulk. ha! I actually notice it is the norm to be divorced. It seems that al the decent guys are just married for now... and soon enough they will be back on the market thanks to their cheating wives. "God bless us, everyone" -tiny tim (: ya I joke now but just you freakin wait.
Anyway, I put in another offer on a house. Bout time right?!? Well, maybe. The market turned right as I entered the door last spring. Sadly its been a sellers, well, short-sellers market and I am not aggressive nor patient enough to play that bank game. But..... this time we will see!!!! Keep ur fingers and legs crossed! teeehehehe
Ok ok so last on my listylist. I signed up for guitar lessons again. YAYAYAYAAAA. I am excited because I am gonna take it seriously this time, right after I take a nap... lol
xoxo, D

4 comments:

  1. good for you for moving forward, buying a house and guitar lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you for moving forward, buying a house and guitar lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hilarity is so uplifting! Loved this! P.S. I want to take guitar lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hilarity is so uplifting! Loved this! P.S. I want to take guitar lessons!

    ReplyDelete

what do ya think?!?