Sunday, January 15, 2012

these are a few of my favorite things...


Cute cupcakes! I really don't like eating them. I loooove making them. For any occasion. Or for just because. :) Aren't these sooo pretty? Ahhh I just love them. A few years ago I wished I had a cupcakery and then loooook now they are everywhere. But these are pretty. Mine are usually botched somehow! 
                     
I love ART! We have already established that before.

Doing my hair up: like this... my job required me to have my hair up anyway. 
http://www.hairstyle-blog.com

                 mimi's cafe french onion soup

ingredients

2 tablespoons butter 
2 quarts homemade beef stock or 4 cans (14 oz) beef broth & 1 can beef consommé (undiluted) 
2 lb yellow onions, halved and sliced 1/2" wide 
1/4 cup freshly ground Romano cheese 

salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste

preparation

Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pot and sauté the onions over medium-low heat until they soften and turn golden brown (keep stirring and adjust the heat so they don't burn). Add the beef stock and simmer 10 minutes. Whisk the grated cheese into the soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.

To serve French Market Onion Soup "Au Gratin," pour into ovenproof soup crocks. Top with toasted, sliced French bread and sliced or grated cheese (Gruyere, Mozzarella, Swiss or Parmesan, or any combination thereof). Broil until the cheese melts and carefully remove from the oven.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/MIMIS-CAFE-FRENCH-ONION-SOUP-1260052#ixzz1jVwfRBoN


Lauren Conrad, the LC http://www.laurenconrad.com/
There's so many cool tips and ideas there. Plus she is like super NOT Heidi. So that's a bonus there.












Brandon came to my house the other day with his Droid just giggling like a little kid. "You have to see this haha!" I was like, "whaaaa?" Now I can''t stop watching. The dog owner is hilarious. I want a doggy like this. :)  
                    


I love getting a massage. mmmmmmm I am often tense and chomp down my jaws like I am gonna eat my own teeth. At www.wholeliving.com I found this tip :
Massaging Your FaceThis is a great way to loosen muscles scrunched into habitual expressions. "This brings blood to the surface, clears out puffiness, and reduces fatigue in the skin," says Chris Haas, owner of Ra Organic Spa in Burbank, California. Don't have time for an appointment? At home, all you need is the following ingredients for a facial serum. Barbara Close, founder of Naturopathica, recommends a base of evening primrose and avocado oils with rose geranium, lavender, and German chamomile essential oils for dry skin, or apricot kernel oil with juniper, lemon, and rosemary oils for oily skin. How? Starting at the chin, move your hands in small circles and continue to the cheeks, around the eyes, and to the forehead. By doing this, you're stimulating circulation and bringing more nutrients to the skin. Follow with a warm compress to increase the absorption of the serum. 




hmmm. lets see. The last thing I will share tonight. Sleep. Which being a little under the weather will require more of that. Its kinda hard to sleep with my sched a little skiwompous and missing a comforter now but its a necessity. Oh 3 am you are cruel.

sweetest sheep counting! xoxo, me

1 comment:

  1. haha yeah I've been a fan of the ultimate dog tease clip for a few months now! ...."and then what?" haha!

    ReplyDelete

what do ya think?!?