Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ode to Etta

When I was a young girl... I loved to sing. I never knew the types or genres until I was about ten when rock was dead and country took over my radio (I know shoot me now) but around that time I became aware of musicality as a way of expression and not just be-bop duwopidop-bahhhh. or Twang mahhh girlfriend left me for cowboys and cornbellys twang. Those of you that know me well and those of you that go way back know I can't sing. :)) But hear me out. I love soul. Coffeehouse, bluesy, sing-your-heart-out-to-me soul. And if I were to pin point old school R&B that makes me want to belt it out and really sing it's Miss Etta James, born Jamesetta Hawkins. She passed away yesterday 1/20/12  from an ongoing infection and alzheimers. She lived a really struggling life and proved that fame doesn't always lead to awesome choices. But none-the-less, she did perform a rad cover that will forever be hers. At Last What a classic song and an awesome voice! Now that you have this song in your head, let's have a moment of silence...

Alright! Next.., the homework is done for tonight. blechhhhhh. :) but look on the bright side, I will be done that much sooner. And its easy-busy work. lol

House situations are a beastly monster as I see it. I am working very hard to get everything in order and save my all to get a house this spring. I got a rent increase letter in the mail yesterday. Ok please re-sign another lease but pay us $60 more than the arm and leg we make you pay already. In this economy. I am already broke. How agitating. Looks like I need to get a second job! Well I work nights. So hmmm... only places that are open this hour of the nights are nightclubs, bars, strip-clubs, and Walmart. Slim pickins. But desperate times calls for desperate measures. Efff. I had a real estate guy, I thought I did. but we haven't been anywhere and I haven't had really any help from him at all except here look at this site and call this guy. I need someone to call me and say, "get your ass out of bed and meet me at this place. It meets all of your checks, or most of them,!" And then we look a few other places, agree on a price. Sign some crap. I say sayonara to over priced rent and no garage and land on my perch... where Puma and I can rest easy. I am soooo tired of wishing.

But alas, I will be spending some time tonight cleaning this apt. I need to start packing and cleaning. My clothes are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Dear motivation, make an appearance in my overpriced apt tonight. Sincerely, me

1 comment:

  1. I liked Etta too. I thought that was sweet of you to ask for a moment of silence. Very sweet. Really. As for the house hunting, wish I were there to go house hunting with you. Now, get started on your apt...clean, clean, clean. Sure miss you. Love ya girly.

    ReplyDelete

what do ya think?!?