Day 17: Food like sushi and cafe rio! and clean, running, filtered water.
mmmmmmm love all the above. For you I am grateful!!!
Day 18: Compassion, service and volunteering!
Now, this is sooo important during this season yes, but all year around!!! It is just so wonderful that those of us more fortunate can give to those less. However that may be, check out some of these sites!
Utah opportunities!:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700033355/Volunteer-opportunities-abound-in-Utah.html
PCMC and Ronald McD: http://intermountainhealthcare.org/hospitals/primarychildrens/volunteering/pages/home.aspx, and http://rmhc.org/how-you-can-help/volunteer/30-ways-in-30-days/
Volunteer opportunities
http://www.volunteermatch.org/search/opp578667.jsp
Senior assist:
http://www.alittletime.org/
Habitat for Humanity:
http://www.habitatuc.org/volunteer/
Other ways to give:
- Make dinner for someone
- Offer to help a friend move
- Be compassionate to others around you and let the needy lady go first (her anxiety will thank you)
- Hold a food/clothes drive or just donate what you can!
- Ask around... someone you know needs something. Even if its just a hug. :)
Day 19: The gym/physical ability
Working out really sucks but I am grateful that I have the muscles, time, agility, determination, strength, and actual ability to be fit. Today, as I sat at the Thanksgiving table (yes my surrogate family always does things different) I thought about the fact that I can eat this food and put it to use for my body! Mmmmm love me some mashed tatoes with homemade gwavvvy! Derishious! I am also grateful that I could drive a car, walk up the steps and put a fork up to my mouth all by myself. The little activities of daily living we take for granted.
Happy evening! I have homework, a paper to write and a quiz to take all tonight because I work tomorrow grave. (sunday)

No comments:
Post a Comment
what do ya think?!?