Thursday, October 13, 2011

Losers are winners!

True fact. Indeed! I am writing a little excerpt on my gym training fiasco. I have a goal to meet. Get FIT! I train twice a week and have a new job according to my trainer to do cardio two more times a week. Yeah right. Try to fit that into my sched. I just spent the last 3 hours on an assignment for nursing health promotion...that will only earn like 10 points.So where again am I going to find time between work and school? yeah thats what I thought. I did have a training sesh today and managed to get an hour of cardio in after. WIN-WIN! So I am posting a pic of my goal. Yes its attainable. I decided to post is because I needed to. I am tired of looking like I do. SO anyway I also decided after my workout to take a pic of me and post it as well. To kinda hold me accountable. Its my progress so far. Its a cell pic and kinda horrible! But you get the idea.
Compliments of VS.
Me today Oct 2011


















Anyway, now that I have gotten my huge insecurity out in the open I feel a little better. Last night I saw thriller with some of my girlie friends. LOVED IT! I love dancing! Its nice to still have some of these time outs with friends. I watched my old gfs wither out of my life when I got married some odd years ago. Now I have had the opportunity to make new ones. Being married isn't all its cracked up to be. In fact. Being an adult really sucks some times.
This past week I took a trip down to the southern country (St.George) to see the little mermaid with my dad's wife and her little four year old Ava. The refresher course in Ariel Relationship Reality-land actually got my mind thinking a million miles. You that know me, know that I over think and worry about things when I am passionate or way into something I don't want to ruin. LIKE NURSING SCHOOL for instance. How long did it take to reach that passion of mine. Getting in, finishing, graduation, boards, finding a great job etc. Anyway. Poor Ariel. She has no idea the mess she is waiting for. She has everything she needs under the sea. Where it is better. Where she is protected.
But no.
We as women are always searching for more. The grass is always greener, right? We can always be better. Have more. Be more. Do more. Well, those women like me that is. The go-getters, the doers, the determined! So as I was thinking during the show, why oh why Ariel did you sell your soul for a man you barely know? Why did you give up your very perfection (voice) to be/have something you are not? I began to think why oh why Walt freakin Disney did you teach me that as a small child? Yes you heard me! Now as a highly functioning 20something female in the world, I am screwed. I am always searching for the better Danielle. As for Ava, she is too small for now to be affected. Her only concerns were, "Why did Ariel's tail fall off?" and "Why did Ursula make Ariel fall in the water hole?" Oh Ava. Such innocence. I have yet again overthank something not worth overthinking. Is that even a word?
I need to go to bed. My life would be more functional and less overthinkable if I had adequate rest before long work days. I seem to be more pissy and dramatic when I am tired. Goodnight Blogger. Goodnight Ava. Goodnight Ariel.
Tuacahn Theatre 2011

xoxo, D

1 comment:

  1. So I thought I'd share some love...hehe. First off, YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Keep up the good work!!!So jealous. Secondly, just when I thought your writing skills couldn't get any better you prove me wrong every time. I love reading your blog. You are such an amazing writer. Sounds like you've been busier than ever girly. I think you need a vacation to Cali. Glad you had a great time with your little sis. You're such a good big sister. Now go get some sleep and thanks for keeping up to date with your life. Mom loves ya girl.

    ReplyDelete

what do ya think?!?