Tuesday, June 24, 2014

hello there

please disregard the previous ranting, I had a female moment yesterday. A lapse in etiquette if you must...
Moving on.
SO tonight I had the opportunity to join a sweet wise friend on a bike adventure. The majority of the time was spent talking like gals do.

Topic: vulnerability
What is it exactly and why do we feel the need to validate our feelings when we were programmed in human nature to be both the protector and the nurturer? The nurturing side is concerned of others. Making sure we keep feelings at bay and tend to the heart strings pulled on a daily basis. The protector or keeper if you will is all about making sure everyone is safe and happy... physically and emotionally. So why be vulnerable then? Because men are not programmed to do both. They are the hunter/protector/watch dog of the pack. Emotions are not bargaining tools up for negotiation. This is where vulnerability plays a vital role in a relationship. It is ok to be the one to love or admit it first. Being patient is the best way to test a relationship's foundation. Pretty much, Just because you admit your heart's truths does not make you weak. It makes you vulnerable. Expand your perception. Brene Brown was referred to me by this sweet friend.
Watch this Ted Talk:
https://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability

Sometimes I feel unworthy of connection and love. There is no reason I should feel "not good enough". I am worthy of love. I am vulnerable because I care. I want to be loved and longed. Connection is what drives us as humans to be vulnerable. Who doesn't want to be in love? Every one is vulnerable. Its just how we handle and disguise it. [I want]
"to love with my whole heart even if there's no guarantee."


No comments:

Post a Comment

what do ya think?!?