Friday, April 19, 2013

The twenty something's guide to being undatable:

Faint memories of all the dating faux Paux nightmare mistakes are rushing my head and making me dizzy inside. I've actually been dizzy the past three days and three nights. Wouldn't you like an insight into this twisted sick mind I have harboring all my dating woes?! Yes. I knew you would. I once wrote a short story in second person narrative for a creative writing class. It is funny to think about how sad and pathetic I was then. Haha eat your heart out boys. In fact match dot com has been the epitome of my dating fun. Recently I was dumped. Yes. Me dumped. I know. I know. I am usually the one making more Poe schmoes. Haha. Now I am realizing that it isn't men. Because they all have the XY chromosome in common. I am a sabotager. I am scared. I am also doomed.

Am I really undateable?! Ha! I need to be emotionally and financially independent. I do not need to repair a broken man. I am not desperate. I need stability. I don't need a project. (: nor a controlling man. As a woman I need to know what works in love. Life. What have I been doing wrong!? I will tell you. So you can become aware of what doesn't work. I am lonely. But I am not going to accept it. I am going to face it! This is taking all the courage I have to admit defeat.
This is about loving the good life!! I used to refer to myself as the "Maneater" meaning I could have any man I wanted but they would pay for pasts loves mistakes. I put them all in the same d bag category. I am going to date. Eat. Conquer. And move on. Hahahaha!!! D the Maneater. I need to forgive myself for my past dating mistakes. Forgive those that have wronged me. Forget the past shortcomings and hardships I have faced and really get down to the nitty gritty out there. Put myself out there. I will never meet "the one" sitting on my bed watching re runs and blogging about boooo hoooo is me. I know is fishbowl state I live in has me trapped. But not really. Love doesn't happen over night. It doesn't happen in an instant. Love is a verb. To love. To care. To feel real feelings and compassion for another human being. On my Pinterest I will be creating a love board of who I am looking for. A picture perfect dream man whom I refuse to decrease expectations.

This is a new journey for me. A way to show my true self. My desires. My needs. I am very deserving of a loving man. A family. A chance at peace. Here's step one. Admitting I am alone. Step two. My expectations. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do ya think?!?