Thursday, October 25, 2012

challenge the unknown!

Don't mind the demons they fill you with fear. Fear of the unknown.What are you afraid of? Hold my hand and I will walk with you! I realized tonight I am not alone in this mess of late twenty-something-ness.

What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger but honestly... it might actually make you more bitter. Just know you aren't alone and lean on friends and other positive people to 'make this place your home' (make this life YOUR LIFE' and no one elses!

So I love this song. Its hard to hear the lyrics. Its about two people who are splitting up, friends have their opinions etc. Its the best choice they could make. "the numbers" I assume are the amount of other people going through divorces as well... The beginning I interpret the tied to a rocking chair as meaning less motion and blank staring like when someone is numb. The last part 'am I the only one who seems to care?" and "I am not crazy" Ok so that's so me. Anyway. I posted this song not to relate to anyone but to make a point. See??!?!?! We are not alone. Everyone goes through this crap. Its how we deal with it and overcome it that makes us truly amazing or not.

I challenge you to face it. Face the fear of the opposite sex. They are just as terrified as you are of you. I had a chatty with a super hot friend of mine from years past over dinner tonight and he made an excellent point. 'If you think you are a 5/10 compared to another girl your guy has dated/married you might as well be a 5. Because you then believe you are a 5 and you portray a 5 and then he feels you're a 5 and guys don't like to date insecure women. And I tell you what you're not a 5. Besides its what is inside that matters in the end." A GUY SAID THIS! A cute sweet one. So crap. He also deciphered why I am single. Ok bear with me... I am sweet and loving... too much so. I am not pushy or controlling but I am generous and offer a lot up front. It scares them away. Makes sense right? SO my walls are high because of my OWN DOING. Great. hahaha! Day 1 of new me. I am a 10. Boooyah!

Go to bed ya fools!
D

1 comment:

  1. I may be your dad....but I think you are and have ALWAYS been a "10"

    ReplyDelete

what do ya think?!?