Tuesday, November 1, 2011

why yes it IS comparable...

Alright. Raise your hand if you are so friggin sick of construction in the UC? I am talkin miles and miles of torn up roads. New potholes. One lane, no lane, change your route. Stop. Plan an hour ahead blahhhhhhh. Drive in a mess and want to rip your hair out? If this sounds like you then continue reading please, you will not be disappointed. If this is not you, consider yourself lucky. Oh soooo lucky. I am so fortunate to have a great job 25 miles away from my apt... 25 long horrible, torturous, orange zoned mess of a commute. I am also sooooo fortunate to have my loving family that live just east... just about a half hour EAST of SR 92. NiGhtMaRe!!! After work on sunday, (mind you I work days for a few weeks then nights then days then so on until eventually I will die) I had to go to Alpine for a b day get together but as I was driving back home, lost in pitch black horribleness I began to think in my delirious state. That's when the most genius/out-there ideas and thoughts come to my mind:

(just combined two stock pics lol)
I really can't help but think how Utah county side roads, main roads and freeway construction all can be compared to major and minor plastic surgeries. Mostly elective procedures. Everything is usually fine the way it is. The human race accepts it for what it is, big nose, meh, a little slow patch traffic, meh. Only the one person in charge has a problem with it and wants a change, ie the mayor/high maintenance lady right? OK so maybe could use a little enhancement here and there but not all at the same time!!! ALL at once? Really, "well since you are in there, might as well just do it all." Like all at once. And there is a such a thing as GOING OVERBOARD! And sometimes it starts looking horrible and messy and people begin to avoid you at all costs! (taking side roads, going to lunch with non-plastic-surgery-nightmare friends) It sure is a pain in the butt to get to the finished project. But of course, we can all appreciate the end result (nice roads/new boobs or nose) when its all said and done ... but is it really worth the financial burden and pain and trouble when it was fine and functioning its purpose to begin with? Ponder all this. Yes. See? I really thought about all this last night. And had to put down on electronic paper. :)

Just thought I would leave you with a giggle for the night. HEHEHE! Now for some homework. have to stay up because I am on grave shift now. How crazy. Ugh. Ugh is right. One of these days I am going to crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do ya think?!?