Friday, November 25, 2011

Friendships are like cakes: have you ever just wanted to say oops?!

Can I just start over from scratch?  Do-over? I meant to put three eggs into the batter not three cartons of eggs... Instead I try to fix it by adding more flour but how much? Wait but if I add more sugar... then something else has to be done in order to weigh that outcome. Then one thing turns into another and I now have a big mess in my kitchen full of batter and cracked egg shells and flour all over my face and the walls and even on the cat! You get my analogy? Making a big dramatic mess over a damn cake that should have been simply made from simple directions. Butttt....... trying to hard to "do it yourself" without the recipe in hand can lead to doing it wrong and thus ruining it. But oh well, there are plenty other days to make a cake, cupcake, pie, danish, poptart, you get what I'm saying. AND.. on that same note: I don't even like cake, I prefer cheesecake. Simple, sweet, cheesy, nice, and always a treat to have! So when I get frustrated about baking cakes and making new ones and mixing ingredients all around with never-before-used ingredients (like fondant) it just takes time, patience, simple direction following, and good skills. It's easy to mess up cakes, those yucky messed up ones aren't worth your time anymore, anyway. They are bad and disposable. Just toss 'em and start over with new ones! NO SENSE IN TRYING TO FIX A MESS THAT IS UNFIX-ABLE. So wipe those tears and clean your flour face, you look ridiculous! Find joy in baking! Start over from scratch, use the recipe. :)
xoxo, me

2 comments:

  1. If that isn't the funniest thing. I agree. Stick with the recipe next time. Silly girl.

    ReplyDelete

what do ya think?!?