Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9: Ability to learn and teach and grow

Hmmm. Well this is a good one to be grateful for. I am soooo lucky to have a mind and the ability to think cognitively. And make choices. And to teach others! Part of my job as a nurse includes education; Lots of it. Simple, complex, common sense. You know. Stuff that patients/families need to know. I love learning. I think its such a big part of who we are. In my child dev class, I am learning so much about this stuff and how important it is to start this young! Stats prove that children whose parents teach them, help them, keep books in the house and learn together grow up to make better choices. Hold better jobs! Get a higher education. Teach their children too. Have more successful and meaningful relationships. Make more MOOLA! $$ cha-ching! And develop into a full functioning participants in society in general. I love watching kids grow. I think it is fascinating to hear my little Ava or Ellie go from one simple concept to "Um, no I think you mean this Danielle." Uhhh what? When did you learn to talk like a grown up? Or even when did you learn to make sense of anything? haha watch these kids. Even at my work. We get sick kids. Preemie kids. Parents who are lost. Families that are stuck. And with the teaching and work of OT, Lactation. NEO's and nurses, they all grow and learn! Think outside my field: How did I get here?
k-12 teachers, put up with my rambunctious self for how many years? My dad helped me with homework and school projects. My grandpa with his daily grammar lessons. Alexis and Nancy with violin lessons for 8 years. Mentors for photography. Friends and loved ones teaching me how to trust, love, and be dependable. And all my nursing teachers who took the time to mold me into a great nurse. We all help eachother. As a community. As a responsibility. AS A HUMAN INSTINCT. And today I am grateful that I am ABLE to do all of these things! LOVEEEEEE ME!!!
Ps thank you for always taking the time to read my blog. I love to write. I wish I had an idea of who was reading it! Follow the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do ya think?!?