Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Slc appreciation : sunset


I took this pic with my camera phone the other day when I was turning down my street. What a sunset.
It reminds me of a poem I wrote for my creative writing class last summer:


Skyscape

Summer nights are warm here
I won’t waste a minute tonight
Looking out over the balcony
The sky is colorful and bright

The peace of a darkening sky
Hovering the city where I grew
Colors cover the active ocean
Peach to lemon to sea foam blue

Its twilight now and the city sleeps
Glitter on the water reflects the stars
While the city lights begin to gleam
For the beautiful people leaving bars

Sleepless, the city evolves to a hush
A whisper, till the last one returns home
Not sure what the next day holds
But tonight I will take in the calm

SO there you have it. Take a moment to appreciate the beauty... even though it was a whoppin 36 degrees this morning as I hopped into my car to head to work. Thank goodness for seat warmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do ya think?!?