The past two days have been especially productive starting early in the am. Could be because I am on Day shift rotation @ work... could be because there is a skip in my walk lately??? Or it could be related to the universe punishing me with its closest and most deadliest star... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN.... THE SUN!!! SO as most of my fam bamly and closest friendsies know, I am NOT a morning person. On my days off... I am SLEEEPING until at least nine or ten AM. Because I never get restful sleep at night. It sucks actually. So yesterday I cleaned at like 8 am and did a ton of laundry etc then got all my errands done by 4:30 pm. Today, probably the same. So here's this mornings reason for the blog. My brain cells were fired up at around 8 am, due to being awakened so I wrote a poem dedicated to the sun and CO-dedicated to my dad who KNOWS I am not a morning person:
Oh dearest eastern morning sun.
How thoughtful for you to come out to play
Why couldn't you wait to make an appearance
Around hmmm, 10, 11, or noon today?
You see, my bedroom window faces east
And I really would like to sleep,
Because I am so not a morning person, never will be or ever want to be one of those kinds of crazy ass people that thinks its awesome to wake up purposefully at 5 am and start the day off with a cup o' Joe and become immediately productive and still remain chipper throughout the entire day,
In any sort of way.
*But there is a disclaimer to this poem. I am not asking for winter in any way. I always am grateful for the summer months. In the winter time, I get very Seasonal Depressive and wish for sun and warm. Its funny how we as humans always want what we don't have at that time. I think about it actually every once and a while. The cold chills of winter when I throw on my cute boots and matching hat and bundle up. Or look outside as the snow glistens from the street lights at night and think there is something magical about how water can do that. I love how I can study for tests at coffee shops and drink hot chocolate or pumpkin spice lattes or chai and have no where to rush to. But then the downside of winter, roads are a mess and the icy weather drags on for months and there's never enough light in the day and I long for summer. So as much as I joke about the sunshine, I will miss it tooo much come winter.
SOOOO now that you all are crazy enought to be awake, GO PLAAAAAYYYYYY OUTSIDE!
xoxo, D
Isn't it interesting that the most incredible ray of sunshine in my life is from a girl who doesn't like the sunshine awakening her in the morning hours!!!!
ReplyDelete